This popular, easy to grow fig can take the form of a small tree or a multi-stemmed, bushy plant. Slender, arching branches carry the shiny, variegated green leaves with golden edges. For its variegation to stay bright, the plant needs some light. Placing it in or near an east-facing window is ideal since it will receive bright, but not hot afternoon, light there. Try to choose a permanent place to grow your weeping fig, since they are very sensitive to even small changes in light. If moved, it will drop many of its leaves and replace them with a new set of leaves that are adapted to the light intensity of the new space. You'll notice this happens if you bring your weeping fig outdoors for the summer. When you move it back inside, you can expect it to drop leaves.
- Known as one of the most popular houseplant trees available
- Perfect statement plant
- Prefers bright, airy south or east-facing rooms, but can tolerate all lighting conditions. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Uses: Bright Spaces, Desktops, Low Light Spaces
- For optimal performance, keep at 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Protect furniture when watering.
- This plant loves warm temperatures above 60 degrees, so be sure not to place it near a door or vent that will let in cold air so the average room temperature is just right if you are comfortable, then your weeping fig will be too.
- Try to keep the soil evenly moist, but this type of fig is somewhat forgiving of moisture fluctuation in the soil.
- Younger plants will grow fairly quickly and may need to be repotted every 1-2 years. Once mature, instead of repotting, scrape the top inch or two of soil off the top of the pot and add fresh potting soil.
- Enjoy free shipping on orders over $45
- Ships in Seagrass container as shown in image 2
- Houseplants typically ship between 8-12 inches
*Disclaimer - Protect furniture when watering. Not for human or animal consumption.*